Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge..........


Hello,

Hope your week has been good so far. The challenge at Tilda & Co is to make a card for under £1. Well, I found this quite daunting, as I never think about what all the bits and pieces cost as I start to make my card. I decided to keep it as simple as possible so I wouldn't have to add up and calculate too much. My brain would not be able to cope. I stamped Tilda with versafine and coloured her in with distress inks. The scalloped oval I distressed with aged mahogany, stamped with katzelcraft and sprayed with silver glimmer mist. The basic grey paper I distressed with aged mahogany and stamped magenta corners and used inkssentials to colour the flowers. The little hearts I stamped with paper artsy and added inkssentials detail. I also added liquid pearls platinum to my card to add depth.

The cost of my card is as follows. Card 10p, basic grey paper 16p, white and black card 20p, ribbon 10p total cost 56p. phew!

Thank you so much for looking.

love kim x

25 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh Kim this is awesome, I love the colours and of course your wonderful colouring of the cute Tilda, but what makes this beautiful card stand out is your little extra bits the corners and those lovely hearts.
Hugs Jacqui x

Aija said...

Kim, you managed to do such an adorable card for so cheap! And it sure do not look like cheap.
So nice pink and brown compination!
Just love it!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Kim, Love the cute image amd the wonderful dp you have used. Hugs Nikki x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Kim, this card is stunning, I love the cute tilda image and the way you have coloured her. Pink is my favourite colour, and this card is right up my street! Hugs Linda x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the Tilda she looks perfect and fab flowers in the corners.

Joan said...

Fantastic Kim .

Allison said...

great card love the colours
AllisonX

sandradrydesigns said...

Wow great card... and well under buget.... great!
Thank you so much for the award you gave me. BIG hugs
Sandra xx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is gorgeous Kim, I love how you have coloured Tilda and the flower stamps in the corners are so pretty. It looks like it cost a lot more then 56p

Rach said...

Fabulous card Kim, such an adorable tilda image and gorgeous papers..well done for making the challenge i opted out on this one..lol. hugs rachxx

sumbine said...

A beautiful card!
I like the colors and the cute Tilda.

Bev said...

What a fantastic card Kim - and all that for 56p!!! It's just so pretty, love it!!

hugs Bev x

Becky said...

Aww, how sweet is she Kim!! And I love the colour combo of the pinks and browns, my favourites!! And what a bargain card too, I love how stamping is so cost effective (well it is if you can resist buying all the yummy ones on the market!!)
Love Becky xx

Sammi said...

Oh wow!! this card is so adorable (does not look cheap at all!)
I love all the pinks and what a cute image! Love your colouring!
(Thanks for popping by my blog ) :)
Sammi
xxx

Brandi Parshley said...

Wow! That is a tough challenge and your card still looks fantastic! I love love LOVE these images! You do such an awesome job coloring them!

chloe said...

Awwwwww!!! this is absolutely gorgeous!!
i just love it!
great work as always :)

chloe
xx

Carol said...

Love the pricking and colours
TFS
:)

Cathy said...

Kim this is gorgeous!! I love the image and papers. Great use of details .... and all for 56p!! well done you.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Cathy xx

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Kim, all pink and very girly!!
Clairex

sue said...

gorgeous card love the colours

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

56p!! Amazing. As always, a wonderful composition and use of colour. Perfect!

Aija said...

Thank you Kim your kind words!
Aija

Diane.W. said...

This card is so beautiful,luv the colours :o)x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card Kim.
Just goes to show you don't need to spend a lot to make a great card!
Kathleen x

Nixe07 said...

Ooooh this is such a cutie card. Love the colours so much and Tilda is looking great!
Hugs
Moni